Join The Team
View the job description and application instructions below.
We are currently seeking a temporary Nurse Practitioner for this exciting role. The Nurse Practitioner is a regulated member of the health care team who utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making skills to enhance care to individuals, families, groups and communities across the lifespan.
The Nurse Practitioner provides professional guidance to other health professionals and practices autonomously and interdependently within the context of an interdisciplinary health care team, making referrals to specialist physicians and others as appropriate.
- Provide holistic health assessments including health history and physical examination.
- Work at full scope of the NP role, including the diagnosis, investigation and treatment of illnesses and injuries.
- Screen for the presence of chronic illness and monitor/manage chronic illnesses.
- Order appropriate diagnostic image, lab work and other investigations, and interpret
- Determine the need for, and the implementation of health promotion and prevention
strategies for families and individuals.
- Routinely work with physicians and other members of the care team.
- Stay up-to-date with evidence-based best practices for Ontario NPs in primary care
- Current registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN (EC);
- Completion of Master’s Degree in Nursing;
- Minimum 3 years recent experience in a primary care setting;
- Effective patient/family counselling skills;
- Demonstrated ability for independent action, initiative, problem solving, organization and prioritization;
- Excellent communication, negotiation, teaching and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, staff and community;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt positively to constantly changing clinical situations;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development;
- A strong desire and capacity to promote professional practice and excellence in evidence based, patient centered care.
How to Apply
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted by email
Personal Support Worker